Since it is now officially summer (and disgustingly hot and humid), I’ve decided to spend this week focusing on some more weather appropriate projects.
And I’m starting with most summery of all projects: A swimsuit!
Or more specifically, an edwardian swimming costume based on examples from the early 1900s.
My original inspiration for this project was this picture. I saw it just before leaving for a trip to Jo-anns and instantly decided to add 5 yards of black cotton to my shopping list. It wasn’t until I got home and did more research that I realized that is not an Edwardian swimming costume – It’s a pair of swimming bloomers with a corset cover from an earlier period.
View original post 1,093 more words